WARNING! At 10.20AM PDT on October 8th 2009 Apple released the 3.1.2 version (7D11) of the iPhoneOS.
If you care about your jailbreak and unlock, don’t update your device - 3G and 3G(S) owners should pay particular attention to this warning.
- PwnageTool and redsn0w are not yet compatible with 3.1.2
- There is no estimated release time for compatible tools (please don’t bug us about this).
- Any information we have regarding this update will be posted here.
- You can also follow us on twitter - @iphone_dev
- @wizdaz has made a very cool DevTeam alert widget for his upcoming app called SmartScreen
Update: geohot released a Windows jailbreak called “blackra1n” which is similar to redsn0w in that it covers multiple devices (and it covers beyond just firmware 3.0.1 where redsn0w currently stops). blackra1n is not a carrier unlock. You must always avoid updating your baseband to maintain your unlockability. If you use blackra1n to jailbreak 3.1 or 3.1.2, the steps you take before running blackra1n will prevent the unlock from working on your iPhone for potentially a very long time. By the way, we haven’t yet tested whether a blackra1n’d device can accept a custom IPSW without tweaks, but if it doesn’t then it should only require a minor change.